Fighter 4, Urban Ranger 6, Justiciar 4
Female Githyanki, Medium Humanoid (Planar: Astral Plane), LE
HD: 4d10 + 16 (Fighter), 6d8 + 24 (Ranger), 4d10 + 16 (Justiciar); 134 hp
Speed: 20 ft.(4 squares)
Armor Class: 22 (+10 armour, +2 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +10 / +14
Attack: melee +2 Mercykiller Manacles +14/+9/+4; +14/+9 (1d8+6, x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Psionic Abilities: 3/day - blur, daze, dimension door, mage hand, telekinesis. 1/day - planeshift. These are cast as a sorcerer of the githyanki’s character level (14).
Special Abilities: Hide in Plain Sight (Ex), Bring'em Back Alive, Crippling Strike, Non-Lethal Strike +2d6, Street-Savvy +2
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex), Spell Resistance 19
Favoured Enemies: +4 vs. Xaositects, +2 vs. Anarchists
Saves: Fort +18, Ref +9, Will +12
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Concentration +7, Gather Information +12, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Local) +4, Listen +6, Search +12, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10, Survival +10.
Feats: Armor Proficiency: heavy, Armor Proficiency: light, Armor Proficiency: medium, Endurance, Improved Critical: Manacles, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Investigator, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Skill Focus: Gather Information, Tower Shield Proficiency, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Urban Tracking, Weapon Focus: Manacles, Weapon Specialization: Manacles.
Spells Known (UrbRgr --/2): 1st -- Alarm, Calm Animals, Comprehend Languages, Delay Poison, Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Poison, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Snares and Pits, Endure Elements, Entangle, Hide from Animals, Jump, Longstrider, Magic Fang, Message, Pass without Trace, Read Magic, Resist Energy, Summon Nature`s Ally I.
Spells Prepared (UrbRgr --/2): 1st - Detect Chaos, Entangle.
Possessions: +2 Mercykiller Manacles (8,690 gp), +2 Justiciar Plate (10,000 gp), Cloak of Resistance +2 (4,000 gp); Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (8,000 gp); Gauntlets of Ogre Power (4,000 gp); Belt of Endurance (10,000 gp); 2x Potion: Cure Critical Wounds (10) (2,000 gp); Ring: Feather Falling (2,200 gp); Dust of Illusion (1,200 gp).
A great suit of armour is walking down the street, all by itself. But no, wait, there is a man within. Wait, wait, no, not a man, not human either. She is a gith, a planewalker. Her attire bears the insignia of a planar faction that seeks to inflict Justice upon the multiverse. Who is she after? Hopefully, nobody I would know anything about.
Justice. This word might sound like a good thing. But there is justice, and then there is Mercykiller justice. Mercy might also sound like a good thing. Well, Mercykillers do not dispense mercy; quite the opposite. They kill it. They are the ultimate lawbringers. Judge, jury, and executor.
Zak'kon is a githyanki bounty-hunter of sorts. Only she is not after any bounties. All she seeks is Justice. She is assigned her targets by her faction, though on occasion she accepts freelance work if it fits the Mercykiller creed (which roughly translates to "eye for an eye" at best, "kill a thief and he will never steal again" at slightly closer to truth).
She tracks her quarry through means both mundane and magical, gathering information by questioning the more talkative, or easily intimidated, locals - and using her psionic abilities and magical items to get at the truth quickly and efficiently. She may seem slow and burdened by her heavy armour, but she is also relentless, never stopping, never giving up.
To aid her search, she tows around a trained fire drake, Axiomaxis. Well, not quite trained yet; Axiomaxis exibits many of the chaotic tendencies of his draconic kin, but Zak'kon is determined to beat them out of him. He is easily bribed by appropriate quantities of red meat, though, and Zak'kon uses him to help her track down her targets, or even fight them into submission. Both Zak'kon and Axiomaxis speak Draconic, though the drake does not understand Common.
Zak'kon fights with her special Mercykiller Manacles (see Notes below). At such times when her missions require the capture of an escaped convict, she is trained to use non-lethal force. A lot of non-lethal force. Of course, she is just as often on a mission of mercy.
Animal Companion: Fire Drake (Axiomaxis)
Medium Dragon (Fire); HD: 7d12+14 (60 hp); Init: +0; Speed: 20 ft., Fly (Poor) 150 ft.; AC: 16 (touch 10, flatfooted 16); Attack: primary bite +10 (1d8+3), secondary 2x claws +5 (1d6+1), 2x wings +5 (1d4+1); Breath Weapon: 30 ft. Cone of Fire (2d10); Immunity: Fire, Paralysis, Sleep Effects; Special: Keen Senses (Ex), Blindsense (Ex): 60 ft., Darkvision (Ex): 120 ft., Low-light Vision (Ex); Alignment: CE; Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +5; Abilities: STR 17, DEX 10, CON 15, INT 10, WIS 11, CHA 10; Skills: Concentration +6, Escape Artist +1, Intimidate +10, Jump +12, Listen +10, Search +10, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10; Feats: Diving Charge, Flyby Attack, Improved Speed.
-- Notes --
1. Mercykiller Manacles: These manacles are magically enchanted so that the Justiciar can fight with them without penalty as if they were a dire flail. The manacles can change their length and size on command. They can also fit any creature one size removed from Medium (therefore including Small, Medium and Large creatures). Otherwise they function as any Masterwork Manacles (to slip free, a creature must either make an Escape Artist check at DC 35, or a Strength check at DC 28).
2. Justiciar Plate: This full plate armour is inscribed with Mercykiller insignia and any non-Mercykillers wearing it will be level drained. It allows the wearer one of three spells to be cast per day: either Hold Person, Protection from Chaos, or Zone of Truth (as if cast by a 4th level Cleric).
3. Urban Ranger: Unearthed Arcana class variant. An urban ranger is more at home in cities rather than forests, and therefore gains Urban Tracking instead of the Track feat. She can also Hide in Plain Sight (Ex). For a full list of class changes, see here.
4. Justiciar: Complete Warrior prestige class. The justiciar can choose to attack with Manacles as if they were a weapon without any penalties, as well as to deal non-lethal damage in place of what would otherwise be lethal damage (again, without penalties). In certain cases, her non-lethal attacks cause additional +2d6 damage. For full details on class abilities and features, see here.
5. Mercykillers: Zak'kon is a member of a planar faction based in Sigil, introduced in the Planescape setting. This, along with her planeshift ability, allows her to track her quarry to any plane.
Character build by DomigorgonIllustration by Clone-Artist